Perfect Circle

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Beautiful start to the New Year

I ended up having a pretty cool New Years Eve. It wasn't that I got to go to a super cool party or dance the night away with the one I love. But I saw the most beautiful firework display by a town I've ever seen. I think that everyone in my village set off fireworks last night and it lasted till after 1:00 in the morning. I just love fireworks. I always look forward to the 4th of July because of the firework show. It did end up waking up my baby, but we were able to enjoy the fireworks together and I got to see the look of wonder in his eyes. He wasn't afraid like I thought he would be, he just stared out the kitchen window with me to watch all our neighbors light up the sky. I got him back to bed at about 1:30am and all was well for the night.
Today, however, I have been a vegetable. I've been sitting on the couch all day snacking and watching television while my son has been playing with his toys. Since this is the New Year I'll put out my resolutions. Like many people, I'm fat and I can't stand to see myself naked in the mirror. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who loves me no matter what, but I don't love what I see. Sure I had a baby last year, but I can't use the baby fat thing any longer. So my top two resolutions are to lose weight and exercise. To do this I have to have a plan. I started weightwatchers before the holidays and I lost about 7 pounds. It was a really bad idea to start it right before the holidays. I haven't weighed myself yet (I weigh myself on the scale at the hospital where I work and have been on vacation for the past week) but I'm sure I've gained it all back, or atleast close to all of it back. My goal is to lose 60 pounds. That would put me back to the weight I was right before I met my husband. I'd like to be healthy and live long enough to see my son grow up.
I've even been entertaining the idea of going vegetarian. I wouldn't go vegan, but atleast cut out the red meat and cows milk and possibly chicken. I was surfing the net and spent some time on PETA's website and the conditions that food animals are kept in are deplorable. Not only are they mistreated, but the way they are prepared...It's no wonder they tell us to cook the hell out of it. It's sooo gross. You'd have to just to get all the ecoli out of the meat. I've never been a huge fan of milk either. Everytime I eat icecream (which I do love) or any other dairy product I get this gross film in my throat. The hardest thing to give up would be cheese. I do love cheese and I put it on everything, but even it is filled with cholesterol. So soo good, but oh so bad for you.
I also plan on getting an exercise routine. I work two minutes from the gym, but I've not been able to go for two reasons. I work on a military base and if I try to go before work it is impossible to get any piece of free equipment. (everyone is getting their mandatory PT in first thing in the morning) I would go afterwork, but I pick up the baby from the sitter afterwork. I'm sure I can make it happen once my husband gets back from Pakistan.
That is the first two things I would like to do to improve myself this year. I also would like to go back to school and learn some new hobbies like quilting or photography but my husband and I are still building our family. So who knows, I may only have time to work on those first two then add on the others as I go. I just know that if you stop learning new things, you stop growing as an individual. What are your resolutions? Which do you think you'll keep?
Something to think about....

1 Comments:

  • Weight Watchers is a great plan. I just can't do all of the counting when I travel and inevitably, fall off the wagon. I'm not a good meeting goer either.

    The fireworks sound really nice. I like to watch them too. We usually go to Mom and Dad's and go out on their boat to watch the Kimberling City fireworks, it is so pretty to see them reflect off of the water.

    I don't think going vegetarian would be that bad. If I'm not on a diet, I don't eat much meat, but then again, I eat a bunch of junk which is equally bad. I agree that most food animals are kept horribly. My Grandpa
    Campbell raised hogs and cattle, but they would probably be considered "free range" nowadays as they were all on 350 acres of farmland and not penned up in cramped quarters.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home