Perfect Circle

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What a difference a day makes

I actually had a pretty good day at work today. I worked hard and accomplished a lot of things I have been trying to get done for days. I think it's this particular crew I worked with today. These nurses take care of their own business and let me take care of mine. I know it's been tough for the nurses I've been complaining about lately. I'd say about 75-80% of my co workers are reservists that are deployed here for a year. They may not be in the desert, but they are separated from their families. For the most part all they do is bitch and moan about everything. I can understand but it still makes it hard to work with them. Plus, I just want to say to them...look, you could be the patient in that bed, so get over your self. They are the ones in harms way and you're bitchin and moanin about how many days off you have a week. I dunno. But still, today was a good day and the people I worked with today were great.
Another great thing is that this is a short week for me. This weekend is a four day weekend for the military so I have those days off too. At some point this week I need to go get another DVD player. Ours decided to just up and die tonight. I think it ruined one my Golden Girls DVD's. I just bought it last night and the DVD player said it couldn't read it, so I take it out and it is scratched to hell. I know I didn't do anything to scratch it, so either the player did it or it came like that. Then tonight, it wouln't play any DVD so off the the trash it goes.
I think I've been semi cursed since Dave left. Every light bulb in my house has burned out atleast once. (some of them I can't reach, so I guess they'll wait), I've lost a rebate check from the State of Oklahoma for $90, I've got mice in my basement and I lost my diamond wedding band. I can't keep track of anything lately. LOL! I thought maybe Collin ate my ring, but Silvia (my babysitter) thinks it's too big for me to not have noticed him eating it. Plus she didn't think it'd go down. I still asked if she'd keep an eye out for anything shiny coming from his diaper! LOL So that leaves either I left it on a counter at work (while I lotioned my hands) and someone stole it, or it's lost in my mess of a house.
My little boy is doing good. Still getting the same four teeth in, and nearly walking. He's getting a little temper on him though. Not that he hasn't always been a little cantankerous, but he definitely lets you know now when he's not happy. But he's also laughing and talking more too. Still nothing too legible, but he still is trying out his "Ewok talk" as my mom likes to call it. He is so cute, makes me want to have another one. Not yet though sometime in the next year or two.
That's all folks...have a good night.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home