Perfect Circle

Friday, January 13, 2006

Awh...rest and relaxation

It's Friday and I'm just beginning my four day weekend. If there is a perk for working with the military, this is it! I've got my little boy down for a nap and I'm just relaxing with the Golden Girls. (ok, stop laughing and no I'm not 60)
One of my friends posted her favorite 10 movies on her blog http://spaces.msn.com/members/ketcherintherye/ and that has made me think about what are mine.
10. The Man Who Knew Too Little-starring Bill Murray
I think this is the funniest movie he's been in. It's about this guy who goes to visit his brother in London and his brother buys him a spot in a role playing mystery show, only he ends up envolved in the middle of an international incident where he is believed to be a hitman. He doesn't have a clue that what he's gotten himself into is reality and not the show and it's just so damned funny. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a good laugh.
9. American Beauty-starring Kevin Spacey
I just loved how the dynamics of that family played out. Every character was disfunctional in their own way. I really enjoyed the fact that Kevin's character was able to find himself again before he died. So many of us work horrible jobs that we hate, or lose ourselves in relationships that aren't working and just never have the guts to do what truely makes us happy.
8.Steel Magnolias
This one is always good for a huge cry session. I think my favorite part is where M'Lnn has her breakdown after Shelby's death. I ball like a baby when she says the next line....
"I find it amusing. Men are supposed to be made out of steel or something. I just sat there. I just held Shelby's hand. There was no noise, no tremble, just peace. Oh god. I realize as a woman how lucky I am. I was there when that wonderful creature drifted into my life and I was there when she drifted out. It was the most precious moment of my life."
Now that I'm a mother I truely get that line. If my son were dying I'd want to be there for his last breath. I hope I never have to know that pain though.
7. The Goodbye Girl-Richard Dryfuss
The reason I have this movie on my list is because it reminds me of my childhood. This was one of the first movies we owned on VHS and I know every word by heart. Here is the synopsis since it's kinda lengthy... A divorced woman and her daughter come home to find that her boyfriend has left for an out of town job with no warning. This has happened before. The second surprise comes in the form of another actor who has sublet the apartment from her boyfriend (who did not mention the pair of females who would be in residence). After some negotiation the two decide to share the apartment even though she has vowed to stay away from actors.
6. Breakfast Club
I love all the John Hughes movies. Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles,Ferris Bueller's Day off, ect. You gotta love the 80's teen angst movies.
5. Moulin Rouge
I LOVE musicals and this was a great modern musical. I bought the Red Curtain Set of Baz Luhrman movies. It includes the Romeo and Juliet movie with Leo Dicaprio, Moulin Rouge, and Strictly Ballroom. All of those movies are beautifully made. Beside the great music, they are some of the most colorful movies. The colors just pop out of the screen in these movies.
4. Dumb and Dumber
What can I say, I love all the Farrelly Brothers movies. They are so off the wall and hiliarious. Nothing like a blind kid playing with the head of a dead bird to get some laughs.
3. Never Been Kissed-Drew Barrymore
This is such a cute movie. A copywriter who wants to be a reporter goes undercover and poses as a high school student to get a story. When she was in highschool she was a nerdy geek who no one liked. She becomes popular when her loser brother joins her and helps her become popular. She ends up falling in love with a teacher, but once she is exposed at the senior prom he wants nothing to do with her. The end scene is she is at the high school baseball state game waiting for him to come and give her, her first real kiss. It's a sappy girlie movie, but I like it.
2. Braveheart
I absolutely love this movie and it's soundtrack. The love story intertwined in this wartime movie is so wonderfully made. Plus, Mel Gibson is so hot in it! LOL.
1. Joe Dirt
This movie makes me laugh my ass off. My husband and I watch it several times a month and David Spade just makes this movie. He is truely the picture of white trash perfection with a heart of gold.
There are so many movies I could pick though. I love anything with Adam Sandler (except Little Nicky) or Jim Carrey.
That's pretty much it for me right now. I've done absolutely nothing so far today because I can. I have to go out tomorrow though cause we're almost out of groceries.

1 Comments:

  • THANK YOU! Steel Magnolias is one of those movies that I knew I was missing! I love Truvy. One of my favorite lines is "I don't trust anyone who does their own hair" and my all-time favorite that I use to this day as my own, "If you can't say anything nice, come sit next to me". I hope that I can be as cool as Olympia Dukakis' character when I get to be old.

    I also loved Romeo and Juliet. That was an awesome movie. Moulin Rouge was good as well. I can't believe that I forgot Saving Silverman in my post too. I love Jack Black in that movie, "And a beer bong for the lady?"

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home