Perfect Circle

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I guess it's time for an update...

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Dave and I have been looking at homes or shopping for a house pretty much every night. I think we've finally found the right one for us. It's an older home, but that is kinda what we wanted. We looked at some new homes, but as Dave put it so eloquently they just don't have a soul. Plus they don't seem to be built as well as the older ones.
The home we like was built in 1979, it's got almost 1800 square feet,and it comes with a lot of character. Dave really likes the fact that it has a work shop/extra garage in the back and I like the fact that it has a sitting room and fireplace in the master bedroom. So we put a bid in on it and as long as it passes inspection it's ours.
I'm so excited to finally get our own place. We've been together for 6 years and are just now getting our first home together that isn't an apartment. We are finally going to be home owners!!! Yes!

5 Comments:

  • That is absolutely fantastic!

    Hubby and I were also together for 6 years before we got a home instead of an apartment.

    I'm tickled for you, and hope that it all works out.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 2:42 PM  

  • That is wonderful! You will have to post pictures once you get it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • Hope everything works out for you! Jay and I are debating about whether to buy a new house or an older one when we look for our next house. We both like the bigger rooms of older homes, but I typically like the whirlpool baths and walk-in closets of newer homes. I'm not looking forward to the whole process! :(

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 6:39 AM  

  • It sounds like it might be time for a garden.

    By Blogger Gary, at 9:18 PM  

  • Premature congrats. Be sure to take pictures and post them when you do finally get it!

    By Blogger Pat & Reg, at 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home