Perfect Circle

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Good times

We've had a pretty good weekend. My mother watches my little nephew on Friday, so we took both boys out to go shopping. They did pretty well. My mother and I can spend hours out and about just looking around at stuff. We went to Ross (I found some cute grapevine themed things for the kitchen I hope to have someday!) and then we stopped by Big Lots. I don't know how many of you have been to Big Lots, but it's hit and miss. It's somewhere between the dollar store and walmart on price and sometimes they have really great stuff. But alas, I found nothing of interest that day. Both boys fell asleep on the way home and it was just so adorable. I wish I had a picture of them, it was hilarious.
When we got home my sister was already waiting for us. She had a doctor's appointment and they found her to already be 3 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. I guess that means the baby could be on it's way any time now. She is due around the end of July, so it's not long any way you look at it. We don't know what she is having, but we're all hoping for a girl. Of course we'll love it if it's a boy, but we need more girls around here. The boys are starting to take over.... We ordered some pizza's and hung out together and talked while the boys played. It was great.

Dave, Collin and I went over to my dad's house yesterday for our Saturday night disco party. Before we left Oklahoma three years ago we used to go to my dad's house and play dominos till 10 or so in the evening. They always had this certain radio station playing on the patio stereo and on Saturday nights it's disco music from 7-midnight I think. It was soooo much fun. We'd have cookies and drinks and play games and talk. We're trying to get that tradition started back up but we're finding that it's kinda hard to do with a toddler. We like to get Collin's nightly routines started at about 7 so that he can be bathed and feed by 8pm, which is bedtime. Since Disco music doesn't start till 7 that kinda puts a wrench in that plan. It was still a fun evening, just in a different way. Grandpa got to spend time with Collin, so that was nice. He really lights up when he's around Collin. You can tell he's a proud grandpa.

Today we're just planning on going to GNC and Sally's Beauty supply. GNC has this awesome allergy medication that we both love. My mother has two cats so we've been miserable in that area. I would like to get some items at Sally's so I can give myself a badly needed pedicure. My feet are starting to look like a hobbit feet. Yes, a nice ending to a pleasant weekend...goood times....

5 Comments:

  • You should pick up some Rosebud Salve while you're there. I use it as lip gloss, but it is a miracle item!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 PM  

  • I really like to hit Big Lots once in a while for gardening stuff. For some reason they carry a lot of it.

    By Blogger Gary, at 11:10 PM  

  • They have great gardening stuff Gary! And for cheap too!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 8:14 AM  

  • Hobbit FEET?

    Baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhahahahaha!

    VERY funny. We all have that problem from time to time.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 1:32 PM  

  • Yeah, they are getting pretty bad!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home