Perfect Circle

Sunday, July 16, 2006

I live for the weekends!

Why oh why are weekends so short! WAAAAH!!! It feels like it was just Friday a few minutes ago. Ok, I'm glad I got that out....

First off....
Holy Hell....it is soooooo HOT here in Oklahoma right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really does make spending more than five minutes outside unbearable. I can think of all these things I would like to do with Collin outside, but since the temp has been hovering around 102 degrees it just wouldn't be much fun for either of us. Thank goodness for air conditioning. I bet the heating and air business is booming here.

Friday I did the usual thing. Went shopping with my mom and the two boys (Collin and Ted). Which can make for an interesting experience. Shopping with 2 year old kiddos can get tricky at times. Usually it's Collin "the crab" (as we lovingly call him sometimes) that pitches a fit but this time it was Teddy who had behavior issues. We still managed to have a good time and I found several pairs of cute earrings to boot! LOL

Saturday my mom offered to babysit Collin while Dave and I go out for a date night! We accepted before she even finished getting the words out of her mouth. My husband and I have been on I think... two dates alone since we had Collin. Oh the benefits of living in the same country as family! :) Plus it gives the grandparents time to spoil him rotten with out us around. We decided to go to Outback Steakhouse and then see Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest (whew...that was a long title) in Bricktown. Hooray....we're going on a real date! Can you tell how badly we needed this????

The dinner was superb!! I had a couple of Wallabedarned's (awesome drink if you like peach schnapps) and both of our steaks were cooked to perfection! We savored each bite, as it was still piping hot, which if you have children, you know is a luxury. It was so nice to have a conversation with our dinner that didn't involve telling Collin to stop smearing mashed potatoes in his hair or throwing his vegetables at unsuspecting diners. We were stuffed and basking in our gluttony when we realized we still had quite a bit of time before the movie started. We decided to go to a furniture store that was just down the street.

This is not your average furniture store. It's like a furniture mall. We basically went to dream about what we want for our house... uh...so that when we do have a house we can save up enough to actually buy furniture! No sooner do we walk in the showroom do we find ourselves a sales clerk (aka stalker) asking us how he can help us spend our money. We politely tell this guy, we're just looking today and we'll let him know if we need his help. He says ok and then disappears for like a minute. We're looking around, talking about what we like, and this guy keeps butting into our fun. I know it's his job, but we made our intentions known and so this guy is buggin me. Even when he didn't talk to us, we could practically feel him breathing down our necks behind us. So we ended up leaving fairly quickly. But as we're leaving the store, he practically yells at us so that he can give us his card and tell us "when we're ready to buy" to look him up. Yeah...we might buy something there and we might not, but we sure as hell aren't buying anything from the stalker. Period.

It was a good thing we got to the movie theater early though. There was some sort of athletic function going on downtown and parking was crazy. We get a spot about a half mile away from the theater (and we're feeling pretty stoked we got that one!) and we get to the theater with 20 minutes to spare. It was so much fun. We got our drinks and got pretty good seats and the movie was entertaining. There were a few things about the movie that were hard to follow, but all in all it was fun. Hubby wasn't as impressed as I was, but he's more into the plot and whether or not it makes sense than I am. After the movie was over it was about 10pm, so we called my mom to check on Collin and he did great, so we stayed out a little bit longer. We walked down by the riverwalk, holding hands and talking. I feel like it breathed new life into our marriage. When you have kids, or I guess even when you don't have kids, your marriage goes through peaks and valleys. Your focus shifts to the baby and sometimes you need to remind yourself to take care of each other. It really was a lot of fun and I hope to set some kind of date night schedule.

Today we are just being lazy. We've got a few errands to run, but will be homebodies for most of the day. It's just too hot to much else....

5 Comments:

  • I am SO happy that you and Dave got to go out on a date together! You are too right about needing to be cognizant of the marriage as well as the kid(s).

    Lorna, who I've mentioned in my posts, is a GEM. She's a treasured friend who witnessed Buddha's birth. She's always been very spportive of me, my HG, and Buddha. She was also adament in the first year that HG and I have time for just US.

    She still does at least one night of duty per week so HG and I can have some alone time. She adores it. I'm grateful for it. Everyone wins.

    She's like another mother to my kid and things wouldn't be the same if we didn't have her in our "family."

    As for the stalker...ooohhh better you than me, woman! I have a BIG MOUTH (shocker. not.) and would have given him more than a few fucking words. Dumb. Ass.

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 3:02 PM  

  • Sounds like you had a much needed break. I want to see that movie. I am being good, so I will have to wait until it comes out on video.

    I'm glad you had a good time. The steak sounds wonderful!!

    Make sure you set the next date so you can look forward to it.

    Smooches!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 PM  

  • P.S.

    Your fortune cookie hates me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

  • I am usually a very polite person, but when a salesman starts hovering over me I can get rude in a hurry. Fortunately, it doesn't happen often.

    Good news. Only five more days until next weekend. :)

    By Blogger Gary, at 10:35 PM  

  • HOW WONDERFUL FOR YOU!

    My daughter was 6 by the time Hubby and I got a date night.

    I'm happy you finally got away for some couple time.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home