Perfect Circle

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Busy week ahead...

My car is finally here!!!! (jumping up and down with joy!) Hubby and I are going to drive down to Dallas on Friday to pick it up then I'll just follow him back. Man, I have missed having the freedom to come and go as I please. I'm also glad it's here because now we'll have a car with air conditioning. Dave's Blazer stayed here at my mom's house while we were overseas. I just ran out of time to ship it before we left. It ended up being a good thing though cause we had a car waiting for us when we returned. The thing is we just got Dave's Blazer paid off this month (yipee!) and the air conditioning decided to take a crap. Doesn't it seem like that's the way it always happens? You get something paid off and it starts breaking down so you still have to pay to keep it going. They want almost 900 bucks to fix it. If it wasn't 100 degrees here everyday I don't think I'd care, but man...it's freakin hot here! LOL...
This blazer has kinda been a pain in the rear since we got it. Right before we left for Germany (and I mean two weeks) the transmission died and I had to replace the altinator. That was mucho buckos! Then we get back and we have to get all four brakes replaced and get new tires. I guess the good thing about it all is that now this thing should run quite nicely. Hell, it's practically a new car now!

In other news...my sister is about ready to pop! She has a two year old and a little one that should be here any day now. We don't know the sex of the little one, but we're all excited to meet this new addition to the family. My mom and I are hoping it's a little girl. It's time for there to be more estrogen in this family. Since both of us have little boys it would be nice to have a little princess to spoil rotten.

Speaking of little boys, Collin discovered the water hose yesterday. My mom had bought a little kiddie pool for both grandsons to play in while they were visiting, but Collin was FREAKED out by it. He loves playing in the bathtub and in the dog water, so one would naturally assume he'd like a pool. Nope. He is deathly afraid of the thing. Yesterday evening we were playing outside with the dogs when I decided I'd get them some water from the hose to cool them off. I sat the hose down to see what Collin would do. Apprehensive at first, he picks it up and lets it run onto his feet. Then he starts to splash the water by stomping in the puddle. While he does this he is squealing with delight. After doing that for a few minutes he gets bolder and decides to stick his finger in the hose, which causes it to spray in his face. Needless to say, it suprised the heck outta him, but after the shock, he found it quite funny. He just kept finding new ways to play with the hose for about a good 3o min-hour. He didn't want to go inside, but it was late and we had to start getting him ready for bed. Everyday I find it amazing how much fun he can have with the most normal things. He doesn't like a fun pool, but give him a cheap ass garden hose and he's in hog heaven!

3 Comments:

  • Hey, I just got caught up on you and family...glad things are going well and hubby is liking his job. Hopefully you'll all be buying a house before you know it and getting settled...you're little Collin is just so darn cute, hope things continue well.

    Lots of love,
    lil'sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

  • Thank you!
    I can't wait until we get a house. It's crazy being a grown woman with family, living with my mother. However, it is helping us out tremendously.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 2:14 PM  

  • Ain't that just always the way? Buddha thinks the old box his Eyeore came in is the ABSOLUTE BEST GIFT in the world.

    There sits little Eyeore in the toybox...while Buddha happily plays with the empty box.

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home