Perfect Circle

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wedding anniversary

I have the best hubby. Yesterday was our third year wedding anniversary. He sent me a dozen roses and planned a wonderful evening out to dinner. Before we headed out we dropped Collin off at my dad's house. My dad doesn't get to see him as often, since we live with my mother right now, so he jumped at the chance to watch him for a few hours.

I had no idea where we were going. Dave kept it a secret until we arrived at the restaurant. He found this great little hibachi style restaurant called Misaki ( I think) and it was really nice place.
We sit down at the big table around the hibachi and wait for the rest of our dinner guests to arrive. Since you share a table with strangers and they cook the food for everyone at the same time, you have to wait on the late. Speaking of our other dinner guests, no one was really talking to each other. Not that I expected in depth conversations, but some of them didn't even say hello when they sat down. I guess not everyone is as social as I am, but it seemed kinda rude. Oh well, we didn't come to make friends.

We had some California rolls to start with. I've not had much exposure to sushi, but I really liked the California rolls. I am not the expert when it comes to chop sticks either. I try. Last night I tried again to use them to dip my rolls in the wasabi and soy mixture. It was a mess! LOL. I dropped almost all of them and ended up splashing myself with the sauce. I think next time I'll ask for a bib. Then I had the New York strip with shrimp and Dave had the terriyaki steak and Gobi chicken. The cook started with the fried rice which was fun because he was practically juggling the eggs on the utensils. He dropped two of the eggs and one splattered on the lady sitting next to me. Luckily she was wearing a dark shirt! They cut up and cook this food like it's a dance. It was very entertaining and very delicious.

Before we picked up Collin we stopped and got some icecream at Sonic. As hot as it has been, the icecream was a nice ending to a great anniversary. (atleast, in the rated G version) And hey...who doesn't love Sonic. Nothing says I love you like a Sonic hot fudge brownie blast! LOL

But seriously....Dave....

These last three years have been a whirlwind of experiences and emotions. We've had our ups and downs, but our love has helped us get through those times. Dave, thanks for planning a wonderful evening to celebrate our love and commitment. You are a wonderful man, husband, father, friend and lover. You have loved me, the real me, in my worst moments. And I know I'm not always the easiest person to live with. You think I'm "perfect" just the way I am. You are appreciated and loved deeply for all that you are. Here's to the future, here's to many more anniversaries to come.

5 Comments:

  • Happy Anniversay!!!

    By Blogger Pat & Reg, at 2:19 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

  • I am so happy Brandi that you found someone that treats you really well, who is a true partner and who you deserve. You have what Jay and I have and what I wish for all of my friends. A big Happy Anniversary to you and Dave. I can't wait for Jay and I to be able to get together with you guys and hang out.

    PS-Isn't Sonic almost always involved with good things and good times! :)

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 4:05 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy for you both. I'm sure it was wonderful to spend this one on American soil without the hovering effect of the military.

    One time at a hibachi place, my sister made some wise-crack. The cook guy shot shrimp tails at her ALL night. Bad times. Bad! Ha!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 6:22 PM  

  • Happy Aniversary!

    I wish you many more - I also wish you a well stocked ba, because that's what you're going to need to get there. ;) (trust me on this)

    By Blogger Nikki, at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home