Perfect Circle

Monday, September 18, 2006

Job update

I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow at 2:30. It's an appointment clerk position for a water filtration company. The add said no sales, so I hope that means I wouldn't be doing any telemarketing. BECAUSE I DETEST TELEMARKETERS! I know they are just trying to make a living, but I've done cold calling before when I worked for an insurance agent and I hated it. We'll see just what kind of appointments I'd be scheduling for this company. It listed it at 12 bucks an hour, which isn't too bad for clerical work.
Dave and I went and checked out a daycare not too far from us tonight. I need someplace for him to go tomorrow while I go to my interview. They have a real nice playground and they do arts and crafts, I think it may be a good place to take him. Whether or not I get this job, I need to do some serious daycare shopping. I want Collin to be in the best possible place I can afford. I want him to be happy and have fun and learn a thing or two while he's there.
I will keep you posted about the interview. Hopefully it's gonna be the right job for me. If not, I'll keep looking.

4 Comments:

  • Good Luck! Oh, and I finally updated the blog for what it is worth :)

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 8:44 PM  

  • You know, have you thought about starting your own business? Maybe it's not feasible right now, but you could always look into watching other kiddos along with Collin.

    No sitter fees for you, and Collin could meet some other kids!

    Just throwing ideas out there. :) Good luck with your interview.

    By Blogger Grubesteak, at 8:47 PM  

  • This is gonna sound funny, but I don't usually like other people's kids. LOL!
    I have thought about starting my own business though. I made a diaper cake and some other things for my sisters baby shower and I thought about selling them on ebay. It's a creative outlet that I enjoy and hey maybe it could make me alittle money. Sometimes I think it would be fun to cater those types of events. I could even test the water while I'm working to see how the economy bites.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 10:42 PM  

  • Good luck! Good luck with the daycare too. Yeah, telemarketing sucks. I did it for six long and horrible months many years ago. Never again!

    By Blogger Pat & Reg, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home