Perfect Circle

Monday, January 16, 2006

I've pretty much given up

Yeah...uh weightwatchers...um, it's just not happening right now. I do pretty well during the week when I'm at work. It's so easy there because I can take a lean cuisine and have a salad from the salad bar and be good. But when I'm at home, and bored, and left to my own devices...that is when the trouble starts. Lets see what have I had to eat today. I shared a can of mandarin oranges with my son (he LOVES those things) for breakfast, then for lunch I had two wienerwurst with curry sauce and fries, then about an hour later the snaking began. I shared a couple of fat free pudding cups with my son (see, it's ok if you're sharing with your son...the calories don't count!) Then I had some pretzels with cheese dip, then later a handful of mini rice cakes. If weightwatchers did one thing for me it was open my eyes to just how much I put in my mouth. You'd think pretzels, rice cakes and fat free pudding wouldn't add up to much, but when you add up all the little things it does count. Then the really bad treat came later, when I should have been eating dinner. I had about 6 tablespoons of Ben and Jerry's KarmalSutra! Oh you'd think I'd died and gone to heaven. What is it about food? Why can't I just eat to live and not live to eat. Eating is pretty much the focal point of all my social transactions. What do my hubby and I do? Go out to eat. What do I do with friends? Go out to eat. When you have people over for a game night? Have snacks and goodies available. It's so weird. I wish I could just love eating healthy food. If only I could love broccoli as much as I love french fries. Then last but not least for dinner I had a couple of cheese and green onion burritos. Not healthy. I have no excuses. I know what I'm supposed to be eating. I know how much I'm supposed to be eating. What it comes down to is motivation. I'm really hoping that once my husband gets back I'll have more time to focus on this eating situation. Because swimsuit season and god help me short season is right around the corner. And I don't want to feel as self concious this summer as I did last summer. My sister in law sent me pics of their trip here last summer and I was horrified when I saw a picture of me and Collin. I didn't even recognise myself. Well, it's the end of my four day weekend and so I'll be headed back to work tomorrow. Maybe that will get me back on track eating wise.
Collin and I had a semi good day. LOL. He only got an hour nap all day, so he got real cranky the second half of the day. (I tried to get him to take two naps and he wasn't having it) It was a pretty boring day, just cleaning around the house and doing laundry. I'm hoping that since this is a short week for me that the days will fly by. The more days that go by will mean I'm that much closer to seeing my sweetie again. I miss him alot.

3 Comments:

  • Hey, at least you started out with rice cakes, pretzels and pudding, and not Doritos and whole half-gallons of B & J (Phish Food is my fave). Remember the oink fests at Grand Fortuna? Or the girlfriend get-togethers with corn bake and napa salad? (If you have those two recipes, please email them to me by the way). What didn't revolve around food back in the day? What am I saying though? It still revolves around food. Even on a diet, my day is revolving around when I am eating one of my 5 mini meals and what exactly I will be putting in my mouth. I think the problem is is that I am not busy enough with fun things that I enjoy. I am incredibly busy at work and will be busy with schoolwork in a few days, but that isn't stuff that I truly love to do that takes my mind off food. Of course, I don't have too many things that I enjoy doing that don't involve eating. Going out to eat-no brainer. Watching a movie? Butter Popcorn! Reading a good book? Hot chocolate and a cookie go nicely with that!

    The thing I am wondering is, how did I get as big as I am now? Sure I was big when you and I hung out, but not like I am now. I was strong and healthy then, and could fit into a 16/18 which I didn't have a problem with. I was voluptuous, now I'm just fat.

    I'm pretty motivated to lose weight right now, but find it difficult to fathom the amount I need to lose, it makes me want to hit the Golden Arches for a Big Mac, (do you still eat them minus the sauce? :)

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 4:09 PM  

  • OMG! You had to go and mention Grand Fortuna! They don't do the crab ragoon here and Grand Fortuna had the best ever! Maybe we do need more hobbies to help us get away with food. If we start dancing, that is one thing where food doesn't fit with it. Unless you go out to dinner first.
    I think I have those recipes somewhere. I'll have to look it up.
    BTW...yes, I still eat Big Mac's with out the sauce. :)
    It's funny, we both felt fat back then when we really were doing pretty good. Isn't it weird how perspectives can change.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 11:56 PM  

  • Well, at least you know what you are eating. Maybe turn up your radio and BUST A MOVE with the kids!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home