Perfect Circle

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

More random pics

This is a picture of our oldest dog Quincy. He was my very first Christmas present from my hubby. When I was working for a exotic animal veterinarian in Denver I was given the cockatiel you see on Quincy's back. He was a pretty cool bird, but we had to give him away. His constant squawking got on my hubby's nerves! LOL!
This is one of my favorite pics of the hubby. We took a camping trip to Turquoise Lake in Colorado. It ended up being a miserable camping trip as it was only about 25 degrees at night. We would have built a campfire, which is the best thing about camping, but because of the drought there was a fire ban. We would have slept in the Blazer, but our heater was broken, so we had no choice but to suffer. I don't think either one of us got any sleep that night. It was dubbed the camping trip from hell.
Here is another interesting pet we've had since hubby and I have been together. We used to have two veiled chameleons. They are the coolest animals! However, their natural habitat is tropical and they have very specific needs. We had to have heating lamps, a misting system, lots of ficus trees for them to climb on and they had to have lots of crickets. (keeping the crickets was the worst part!) Eventually one of them died because when it went to grab a cricket with it's tongue it pulled a piece of bark from the cage floor into it's mouth and poked a hole in it's stomach. We tried to save it, I even had to hand feel it chicken baby food with a syringe, but it died. The other one got huge after that. Eventually we moved and we knew that the big guy wouldn't do well in the move, so we sold him to an exotic pet store.
This is a pic of me and Sarah, our youngest pup, when I was about 25 weeks pregnant. I felt extremely fat during pregnancy so I didn't let anyone take very many pics during that time. I know it's silly cause you're supposed to look fat during pregnancy, but I'm very selfconscious.
This is Collin at about 6 months. The older he gets the harder it is to get sleeping pictures of him. I think there is nothing more peaceful then a sleeping child.

7 Comments:

  • I love the mountains. I remember going to Colorado on a family vacation when I was younger.

    I had fallen asleep, and my parents was yelling at me to wake me up. I did, and the first thing I saw was the mountains. That was quite the experience for me. I look forward to going back someday.

    By Blogger Grubesteak, at 6:55 AM  

  • Your lizard was cute. I love reptiles. I have a fat-tailed gecko and a bearded dragon, Marv and Spike.

    I would still like to have a snake, a ball python, but will wait until we move to Springfield so that it will be one less habitat I have to move. Jay loves chameleons and would like to get one, but again, not until the move. Jay pretty much likes all animals though. I loved when he worked @ the pet store in Pittsburg, it is sad as Jill and Ron sold it and it was shut down.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 8:54 AM  

  • Nice pictures. I have lots of regular chamelions and geckos in my yard. Fortunately, they feed themselves. I have no idea what they eat, but I'm pretty sure it isn't chicken baby food. :)

    By Blogger Gary, at 11:01 AM  

  • LOL! Quincy loves to go camping with us. He has so much fun in the woods! However on that camping trip we were all freezing, even him. He was so cold his teeth were chattering! We had nice thick sleeping bags for us, but we thought will all that fur he'd be ok. So I had to get creative. I had an extra sweatshirt that was heavy duty, so I put his front feet through the arm holes and covered him as much as possible!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 3:22 PM  

  • Crickets are a pain. We have a bait shop that figured out that the reptile food trade was lucrative, so he started stocking crickets just for us herp owners.

    We will most likely raise our own when we purchase more lizards. My Beardie already can eat 12 dozen a week with a few left over for the fat-tail. He is great b/c he will also eat pellets and he likes greens and red bell peppers. He is like Jay and I, not too picky about his food!

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 5:12 PM  

  • Awwww I loved seeing the pictures! I completely understand about getting good pics of kids as they get older. I constantly have my camera charged and ready just in case something good drops in my lap.

    I'm with your hubby on the squawking thing. I CANNOT stand yippee dogs or yippee birds! Ack!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 12:20 PM  

  • Collin is adorable!

    By Blogger Pat & Reg, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home