Perfect Circle

Monday, May 22, 2006

Forecast....Rain

What a boring couple of days. It's been raining and it looks like it's gonna keep raining for the next couple of days. I feel like a school kid that can't go outside for recess. I know I won't melt, but I can't take Collin to the park or anything like that so what is the point? I could take him shopping but there are two problems with that....
1. I WILL spend money. I love to shop and I can almost guarantee that I'm going to find something to buy. I have that trip to Venice coming up and I'm going to spend a wad of cash, plus we're leaving soon and unexpected bills just keep popping up.
2. It ends up being more work than fun. He's a boy and a toddler. Neither one of those things make for a fun shopping trip.
So I guess I'll break out the washable markers and paper for art time. I need some ideas for things to do with a 19 month old that are fun and we can do indoors. I know he's just as bored as I am!

4 Comments:

  • Stick with he markers and save your money for Venice.

    BTW, don't forget to take lots of pictures and put thenm on your blog. I love pictures of Venice.

    By Blogger Gary, at 2:21 PM  

  • Oh I will gary! I'm definately taking my camera with me. I can't wait to see Venice in person!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 3:01 PM  

  • Turn up the heat and fill the tubwith tepid water. Give him a water gun, let him splash around. Just make sure you have towels all over the floor. It's messy but fun!

    How about baking some cookies or bread? Give him his own little ball of dough. He can knead to his heart's content. You don't have to bake his stuff...just yours. He'll adore playing in the bread dough. Honest!

    And...finally...VENICE????? You're going to Venice? Holy crap. I have no words.

    I lied. I have tons of words:
    envy
    jealousy
    grumps

    You get the picture.

    Like Gary said, take TONS of pics! I can't wait to see all of the great and wonderful sites! Are you taking Collin, or will it just be you and guy?

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 8:01 PM  

  • BG- It is just me and a girlfriend from work that are going to Venice. She has a little 2 year old, so it's a vacation from mommyhood for both of us!
    Man, I would take you too if you were anywhere on this side of the planet! LOL Sounds like you could use a vacation.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home