Perfect Circle

Saturday, May 20, 2006

What you can do to support our troops

I may not support the politics behind the war, but I support our troops and I want them all to come home safe and sound......
I can personally say this is a legitimate way to help our wounded soldiers as I used to work for this hospital and saw the good things the chaplains did everyday. Due to their injuries a lot of them arrive with nothing, not even clothing.

Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (LRMC), the largest American hospital outside the United States, is where the majority of our wounded soldiers are directly transferred to from the field while serving in the Middle East, Persian Gulf areas and Europe. Wounded soldiers arrive daily...

Requested items:

Burger King Certificates (there's a BK in the hospital)
International Calling Cards
Sweatsuits: small through extra large
Athletic Shoes: men sizes 9-12, women's 6-9
Men's & women's fall & winter jackets medium through extra large
Ruck sacks, gym bags, and small suitcases for clothing storage
DVD's movies to put in the hospital wards so they can watch movies
Pillows and blankets are also needed for comfort on airevac flights

Only new items are being accepted. Pastoral services staff are also now asking for CHECKS to "USAREUR Chaplains Fund" so they can help the wounded get personal items.

If you can not send any of the above, please send letters of support, get well cards, thinking of you etc.

MAIL TO:

Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
Pastoral Services Department
US Hospital
CMR 402
APO AE 09180

6 Comments:

  • As soon as I get a minute, I think I might send a couple things.

    Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 AM  

  • Thanks for posting this Brandi. My cousin was in Bagdad and God knows where else a couple of years ago. He was moving around a lot and b/c of that, it didn't do us any good to try to send him stuff. I'm going to send some things over b/c I couldn't do anything for him at the time.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 8:13 AM  

  • If you don't mind, I'm going to re-post this on my site as well. I think it is really important for people to get out there and support the troops regardless of what they think about the war.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 8:15 AM  

  • Consider it done.

    You're a good bean, Brandi!

    (When the heck will you be back in the States?)

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 11:43 AM  

  • I mind one bit Keoka!!! Thanks guys. Whatever you guys decide to do it will be put to good use and get to the people who need them the most!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 2:19 AM  

  • what I meant to say was i DON'T mind one bit Keoka!

    And BG...It's coming up real soon...but not soon enough!
    It's been three years since I've laid foot on American soil.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home