Perfect Circle

Monday, May 01, 2006

I had a poopy weekend

I was pretty much bedridden this weekend. Lets see, Saturday, I had a migraine headache all day long. I finally got the headache to go away Saturday evening, so we thought it would be nice to go out to eat. (I was happy cause I didn't want to cook!) We picked our favorite Chinese place. They do a Mongolian BBQ where you pick your meat and veggies and they stirfry them fresh for you.

We should have just stayed home. It was close to Collin's bedtime and he wasn't feeling his best, so Dave and I had to take turns eating so we could entertain him. We get done with our meal and no sooner leave the restaurant when Dave and I both comment on how our stomachs just don't feel right. Dave's got progressively better (which he attributes to his months in Pakistan, apparently if you eat the food there you develop an iron stomach) my feeling didn't go away. In fact, my stomach ache got worse. I think we were home an hour before my meal made a surprise reappearance. Shudder.

I HATE to throw up. And I had to do it several times that night. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be returning to that restaurant. What a bummer. I really liked that place!

I spent most of Sunday in and out of consciousness on the couch sipping water and eating Golden Grahams (without milk) just happy to not be puking anymore.

We did go to the grocery store on Sunday because I needed to get some healthy food choices. I joined this weightloss group. ( www.sparkpeople.com ) It's free and what I really like about it is that they have a meal planner where they give you suggestions plus you can adjust the meals if you don't like something and print out a grocery list. They also figure out what you need to do to achieve your weight loss goals. It's almost like a weight watchers group only you don't have to pay a ton of money.

I just finished day 1 and I am so full. It seems as though if you eat the right things you get full faster and stay full longer. So we'll see. If I keep this up I should be able to reach my goal weight in November!!! Funny...I start my weight loss program the weekend I have food poisoning. I'm off to a good start....

5 Comments:

  • Well, if you keep going to that restaurant you can reach you goal before you know it!! tee hee.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 PM  

  • Being sick can really jump start the ol diet plan. Too bad you can't bottle the nausea (without the vomiting) somehow and sellhat it. I wouldn't EVER want to eat. I went through a spell where I was really nerved out and felt a little sick to my stomach for about a week and that dropped the weight like crazy-of course it doesn't stay off

    I'm thinking about Jenny Craig. Probably due to all those Kirstie Alley commercials. I just don't want to fork over the money for yet another program that ends up not working. It is really depressing.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 10:42 PM  

  • HAHA! I know what you mean Keoka!
    I think I've tried them all except Jenny, cause they are so expensive! I just can't seem to stay motivated past a couple of weeks. Then I fall back into to the same rut.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 11:14 PM  

  • Leighann-
    I think if I even smell that place again I'll get sick! blech...

    By Blogger Brandi, at 11:15 PM  

  • Oh noooooooo! Food poisoning. That is just HORRID stuff, Brandi! I'm glad you were able to bounce back...relatively speaking.

    If I could send you a great babysitter so you could go out on a baby-less date, I would.

    Good luck on the weight loss thing. I don't care who we are, we women all worry about the poundage thing. You go girl!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home