Perfect Circle

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I've been living in the dark ages....

AARRGGGHH! Our modem decided to crap out on us last week and I'm just now getting back online. I have to say it's been very frustrating not having an internet connection. It was even more frustrating trying to replace the modem. We went to our internet service provider to get a replacement and they told us that the one that broke has a two year warranty. However we'd have to ship it off and wait for a free replacement to come to us via mail. Um...we only have a few more weeks here. Not gonna work. So we just think, we'll buy another one. The damn thing ended up costing us $160 bucks! And it's DSL, so we'll probably not even use it in the USA. I wanted to say, screw it, we'll just go without internet until we leave but Dave is job hunting and he needs to have it up and running. Oh well, I'm enjoying the internet now so I guess I'll shut up!

I have some awesome news. I'm going on a trip to Venice Italy with Melissa, a friend of mine from work! It's going to be a girls gett-a-way. No kids, housework or husbands for a couple of days!! LOL! One last hoorah before we come back to the states.
While I was working at the hospital, Melissa and I kept talking about going somewhere exciting for the weekend but we were both busy with kids, work and life. We finally found a weekend that worked for both of us. I wanted to go to Poland at first. They have these wonderful factories there where you can get beautiful Polish pottery for fairly cheap. The nice thing is that Poland still are using Zloty's as their currency. The rate is 3 to 1 there so the rates are in our favor! But it would have taken us 6 hours to drive there and the gas here is so expensive that we changed our minds and decided on Venice.
There were a couple of places I really wanted to see while we were stationed here in Europe. I wanted to see Paris, Venice and any part of Ireland. I guess two outta three ain't bad. More than anything, I wanted to see Paris. Dave and I were fortunate enough to see Paris before Collin was born. ( I was about 5 months preggo ) It was wonderful. We only had one day there, but we saw the highlights. I'd like to go back again sometime, maybe for an anniversary or something.
This is a pic of me by the Louve museum! I think you could spend a week there and not see everything.

Here is Dave and I in front of the Louve. You can't really tell, but Collin's in the pic too!

I will post pics of the Venice trip once we get back. I hope to get some really great ones....

4 Comments:

  • I am so jealous that you have been to the Louve. I've heard how big it was, did you at least get to see the Mona Lisa?

    Venice will hopefully be awesome. I wish I could get the guts to get back on a plane. Jay has cousins in Hungary and outside Paris that have an open home anytime we can get over there. I would like to see some areas of Belgium where my Grandpa was stationed during WWII.

    I'm so envious right now!

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 9:31 PM  

  • You guys should just do it!!!
    Before you have kids!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 12:16 AM  

  • BTW, I did see the Mona Lisa. It was pretty neat, but a lot smaller than I expected. The whole museum is beautiful and you could stand still and see people from all over the world pass by.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 4:54 AM  

  • Yeah, I need to get over it. Funny that I don't like to fly and I held your hand during our flight to Florida! :) That was the last time I flew actually.

    Budapest is supposed to be cool and Jay would like to see his great-aunt Maria b/f she passes away. She is 92 and still living at home right now.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home