Perfect Circle

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Vacation time

I won't be posting for the next few days as I'll be in Venice!!! Melissa and I leave tomorrow and I still feel like I've got a ton of things to do to get ready. I haven't picked out what I'm going to wear (and make sure it's washed) I don't have my toiletries bought and it looks like we may even have some rain while we're there. (hopefully not much rain since you have to walk everywhere in Venice)

I'm a little nervous about the flight there. I've not flown much in my life, and it scares me everytime I get on a plane. Atleast this flight is only about an hour, the flight to Germany was much longer. As scared as I am to fly, I needed to do this. I needed to get away before we left Europe. I love my husband and son sooo much, but I need some time away from them doing something fun by myself. I feel since I've become a mother I've lost myself a little. So this trip will give me a chance to regroup and get-a-way with a girlfriend. (I'm sure all you ladies out there understand how important it is to get away with the girls every now and then!)

After I get back from this trip, we are busy busy busy getting everything ready for us to leave Germany. My husband has appointment after appointment scheduled for the next two weeks just so we can leave this darned place!! Most of them he has to take care of himself since he's the military service member. Ugh...I can't wait to be done with this move. I feel our family will be able to breathe again once we get home.

4 Comments:

  • *clapping hands*

    I'm so happy that you're going to have some 'away' time from home with your friend. Each week I have at least one "date night" with two of my dearest friends. We always have Buddha with us, but at least it's girl time.

    This summer I have a couple of different mini-trips planned. One is definitely going to be ALONE. My sister, Kathy, is going to take Buddha. Husband Guy is working. Me? I will be AWAYYYYYYYY.

    Have a GREAT time! You deserve it! It's too easy to lose yourself once you have a baby. I'm so glad you know this and aren't afraid to take care of yourself!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 12:22 PM  

  • I'm really looking forward to it! It is so fun to go hang out with the girls. I haven't done this in so long, and I'm really gonna miss this friend. She's been really like a sister to me here. We don't get to hang out that often cause of work and kids, ect but when we do it's fun.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 1:01 PM  

  • Have a good time and make sure you take plenty of pictures! We'll want to see them!

    By Blogger Pat & Reg, at 4:34 PM  

  • I am so jealous!!!!!!!!

    Did you have a good time?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home