Perfect Circle

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Third time is the charm

I am on day 3 of my 3rd round of antibiotics for strep throat. For the past two months (and I'm not exaggerating) I've had strep throat or have been recovering from it and lemme tell you, it's getting old. This last bought of it really hit me hard. I had 102 fever, chills, could hardly swallow and the worst headache I've had in a long time. I felt as weak as a newborn kitten. My mom had to take me to the doctor (not that hubby wouldn't have, but my mom works nights so she offered) because I didn't feel I could drive safely. So I've been basically sleeping and hanging out on the couch recuperating.

Poor Dave. I'm not the only one who has been sick. We also had to take Collin to the doctor because not only did he have a bad ear infection, he had nicked his little finger on something and it became red and swollen. Basically Dave has been playing nurse maid to both me and Collin. But on the bright side we are both feeling better now and are well on our way to a full recovery!

I bet my work thinks real highly of me missing a day here and a day there from work every couple of weeks for strep throat. I'm surprised they haven't asked me to try getting more creative if I want time off. Good thing I've got proof!

Other than being sick, it's been a great weekend so far. We rented some movies and we all did a little shopping with my mom. I had to get out of the house for a few hours. I was starting to get that cooped up feeling. Collin loves to go bye bye.

We rented Talladega Nights, Employee of the Month, Saw III, and The Decent. Talladega Nights and Employee of the Month were ok. Neither were worthy of adding to the family library. And for the scary movies...they were both pretty good. The decent spent a little too much time building up to the scary part, but for me...being trapped in an underground cavern is bad enough without adding monsters. Saw III was gory as expected and didn't disappoint with the ending. Did not see that one coming. I don't know. Some people don't understand why I like scary movies, especially the gross ones. I like a good comedy, chick flick or even musicals, but every once in awhile I like a good scare.

I think it's time for me to wrap this up. I haven't had much sleep lately due to not being able to breathe out of my nose. ;P

2 Comments:

  • man, young kids and ear infections - i hated that

    i hope your recovery is smooth. have you tried the nasal spray stuff in order to breathe while you are sleeping? i don't like to use it, but when it's a choice between not sleeping and the chemicals - i choose sleep

    i'm not a big horror show guy. i jump way to bad at the jump moments. and then i can't sleep. i have a very active imagination and get too lost in all movies. the phrase suspension of disbelief was made for me. i'm always 100% there in the middle of the movie.

    By Blogger cadbury_vw, at 7:03 PM  

  • Shyte! I lost my comment when I had to sign in through Google!

    1. Strep sucks! Painful stuff! I'm glad you're on the mend and that Collin and Dave didn't get it! Here's to hoping there's no sickness visiting your home any time soon.

    2. I thought Talledega Nights was a riot. I think it's because I'm not a NASCAR fan. I was rolling with laughter during almost the entire flick.

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home