Perfect Circle

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Workin 7 to 6...what a way to make a living

I am dragging ass....
I started working in the new store this week. They have alittle something called mass receiving when you open a new store, so we've been on 10 hour days for the past 6 days and still have 4 more to go to get the store ready to open. 10 days of 10 hour days...sigh.
My days have basically constisted of moving merchandise from boxes and pallets to the shelves. That might sound simple enough, but try getting 2 million dollars worth of product in just a few days time and not knowing exactly where it all goes. It should be called mass confusion.
I have learned how to use a plan-o-gram (which tells you where the product goes according to their item numbers) and it can get alittle frusterating at times. Especially when you're putting 50 items on a pegboard! I've been stocking in the paint department and I don't know a thing about paint. It's been a good learning experience though. I'm trying to move around the store alittle bit and learn some of the other areas. It's giving me great ideas on what I want to do to our house! LOL
To make matters worse...I've been sick all week. I've wanted to call in sick all week long, but didn't want to be thought of as a slacker. I did call in on Thursday because I completely lost my voice and was coughing up mucus.
As I'm writing this I keep nodding off...I guess that's about all the energy I could muster for this post. LOL...

7 Comments:

  • Awww...feel better, Brandi! Being sick sucks the big one!

    I hope everything turned out ok at work and that you're getting some well-deserved rest! Tell the boys to get breakfast on their own this morning OUT OF THE HOUSE so you can sleep! BG says so!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 7:53 AM  

  • Sorry to hear you've been sick. I've been sick for a couple of weeks now, first with strep, then (and still) with chest congestion, and now I think I have a migraine. I am so ready to feel better, I can't imagine stocking shelves the way I feel.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 8:13 AM  

  • being sick sucks - hope you are better now

    ----

    as a guy whose apartment is still not sorted out 5 months later...

    the idea of organizing and putting all that stuff into its *proper place* in 10 days fills me with fear and loathing

    i do not envy you at all

    hope you are doing ok

    i hope they are paying you overtime

    By Blogger cadbury_vw, at 11:02 AM  

  • Hell ya they are paying me overtime! LOL!
    The nice thing is that they have a plan and eveything has a specific place, so we just have to locate the place and stock the item.
    I'm soooooo
    TIRED!!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 9:04 PM  

  • I so feel ya!

    I like to call it "Controlled Confustion!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM  

  • OK, WHERE ARE YOU!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM  

  • HEY!

    I've been waiting for your next post...where are you?

    Did you go get rich and famous and forget the rest of us?

    By Blogger Nikki, at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home