Perfect Circle

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful

As I sit here on the couch, with my belly full of delicious Thanksgiving day goodness, I got to thinking about all the things I'm thankful for. I rarely stop and think about just how good I really have it, so today I thought I'd put it down in words.

I'm thankful to be with my family this Thanksgiving. Last year it was just me and Collin. Dave was deployed to Pakistan and I didn't have any family in Germany, so it was a pretty sad day for me.

I'm thankful to be relatively healthy. Other than being a little overweight, I am pretty healthy. I've got all the use of my limbs and I don't have any major illnesses, so I'm pretty fortunate. The older I get the more aware I am of how much your quality, not just quantity, of life means to you. I want to really enjoy my health while it lasts.

I'm thankful that I never go hungry.

I'm thankful that I have a warm dry place to sleep at night. We are first time homeowners (atleast I am) this year. The house may not have much in the way of decorating right now, but it's ours and I love it.

I'm thankful that I have a great family. On both sides. I'm lucky to not have any drama there. Maybe it's because we live a couple of states away from each other, but we all get along great! LOL

I'm thankful to have a good job with decent benefits. I was having a rough time there for a little while finding something and that's kinda scary.

I'm thankful for my son. I love him more and more everyday. He is the sunshine in my life and he has taught me so much about patience.

I'm thankful for my husband. We've built a pretty good life together baby...I love you!

I'm thankful for this beautiful day. We've had the most beautiful weather today and I just think about how much longer it will last. It's the end of November and I'm working out in the yard in a tshirt, jeans and crocs. It doesn't get much better than this.

3 Comments:

  • You do have a lot to be thankful for this year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Grubesteak, at 1:26 PM  

  • your reflections are very real

    it is the daily things that make or break how we feel about life.

    happy thankgiving

    By Blogger cadbury_vw, at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home