Perfect Circle

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I said no...gosh!

I've been using a credit monitoring system since my passport and ID were stolen in Venice last year. I probably have nothing to worry about, but with terrorism and identity theft being so prevalent today I figure better safe than sorry.
Well, we found a company that we like better and decided to cancel the old service. I called their customer service department and thought I made things pretty cut and dry.
I said that I wanted to cancel my service and he asked me the usual question...was there something wrong with their service? I told him no, I just decided to go elsewhere. He then procedes to go into this whole scripted thing (he sounded like a robot) about why I should stay and no matter how many times I interrupted him with no thanks he kept on going!! I was getting pissed! Geez...can't a person just call and cancel something without a major hassle? As a last ditch effort, he offers me a prepaid VISA card worth $25 whole dollars if I keep the service. I couldn't believe it.
Just cancel the damn thing. I don't want to see a charge on my credit card starting right now! He finally sighed...and with a defeated tone...told me that my service would be cancelled started 2/4 and I wouldn't be charged next month.
This is why I don't do those free trial offer things...

4 Comments:

  • yep - whenever i tried the free trial thing, i would always have to phone between 9 and 5 eastern time on a weekday (times i am at work) and i would never remember, and then it would be two or three months and 10 or 20 bucks a month out the door

    and then they would redo the whole sales schpiel over again when i wanted to quit

    and the they usually made me call 2 or 3 numbers to cancel all the shit

    1 call signs me up, but 3 are needed to take me off

    By Blogger cadbury_vw, at 12:10 AM  

  • I don't do the free trial things either...there's always some hidden bullshit there.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 7:53 AM  

  • Once they get their hooks into you, it's a pain to get it out!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 9:03 AM  

  • Two things:
    Buddha has the SAME shirt Collin's wearing in the second pic (I think)...the one with the stripes. I LOVE that shirt!

    I LOATHE stupid people who speak from their cue cards. One time I interrupted the fool and said, "There is absolutely nothing in your flippy cards that's going to make me happy. Stop reading 'em!"

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home