Perfect Circle

Friday, January 20, 2006

Rollercoaster Ride

These past couple of days have been pretty tough. Collin has been waking up atleast two times a night after he's been put to bed. His sitter is saying that he's only getting a 1-2 hour nap a day, so he should be freakin exhausted. I know I sure am. I didn't go to work today so that I could make a doctors appointment for him. His sitter thought that maybe he had an ear infection. That would definately cause him to wake up frequently at night and I could get him on meds to help get him over it. It was scheduled for 1 but I wanted to go to the mailbox before hand so I could see if I got my bedding (which I did) so we left at about 11:30. Collin would not take a nap before then, so we were going to his appt without a nap. I knew if was gonna be a fun trip. He did pretty well until we had to wait in the waiting room. He started to do that limp noodle kid thing. He wanted down, but no way in hell was I gonna let him crawl around in the waiting room of the pediatric clinic.
His check up went well, no ear infections. The doctor thought that maybe he was starting to have night terrors. He thought that since he's waking up around an hour after I put him down every night and he's pretty much unconsolable that he might be having them. I have to turn the lights on and sing to him to get him to stop crying. I think that maybe it has more to do with teething. (which the doc also said it might be the reason for him waking up) He also got his flu shot booster today, so that didn't help his mood either. I get home at about 2 and I put him down for an afternoon nap. He goes down right away and sleeps like a rock for 2 hours. Then he wakes up and he is just sooo upset. Nothing I did was good enough, or what he wanted. I got so frusterated I just wanted to scream. I did slam a few doors. I almost wanted to call someone to come and get him so I wouldn't blow up in his face. He's just a little boy. ANd after I got him some Tylenol and milk he perked up again to his cute happy little self. And after that I felt like an ass. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm just glad to know that he doesn't have an infection that I'm ignoring ya know? And when he's happy all is great. I just don't have much patience left anymore lately.
The rollercoaster ride comes into play in regards to my moods and my job. I think I have decided to quit my job about 5 times today, but then I'll change my mind. If Collin is having a good day, I want to stay with my job. If he's waking me up alot, I just want to quit right then. I feel like I can't do this when he acts like that. I can't stand to see him upset and I'm also resentful that I can't just have a relaxing dinner or a couple of hours to myself before bed.
This deployment can't end soon enough for me. Right now I'd like to kick the Army in the balls. They take my hubby away, and my job isn't real accomedating towards me having extra time off. I'm going to try to stay with this job until Dave comes home, then when he comes home, quit my job. i dunno.
Well, I'm sooo tired and starting to not make sense.
Brandi

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home