Perfect Circle

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I haven't dropped off the face of the planet...

I'm just in the middle of moving. I have a huge long "wonderful" (sarcasm) story from my trip to Venice to tell, but it will take me a while to get it all down. I had my nice new camera, passport, military ID, credit card, souvenirs and about 200 Euro stolen while I was there so it was quite the adventure getting back home.
We are staying at a super nice hotel/apartment in the German country side while we are getting our house ready to turn back over to the landlord. The movers came yesterday and basically turned the house into a disaster area. The nice thing is that we're just getting the trash out of here today. We have someone coming tomorrow to professionally clean the place. I don't think my hubby or I have the energy left to do it ourselves.
Collin is taking the transition fairly well. That first night in the hotel/apartment he had it pretty rough. He didn't sleep well and he was kinda freaked out by all the change, but he's getting over it now.
Well, I better get back to picking up around here. I am really getting excited about getting home! Don't think I'll be wanting to travel for a while though!!

5 Comments:

  • Holy hell!

    You poor thing, Brandi. Moving? Horrible. Having your shit stolen while on your last fling in Europe. Fucking ridiculous.

    I'm so sorry...

    Glad Collin is transitioning well. I have to wonder how the flight back to the States will go with him on the plane. I can't imagine trying to keep Buddha in one place for a transatlantic flight. I'm sending you good karma!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 7:26 AM  

  • Sorry about your problem in Venice, but don't let it get you down.

    I'm sure you're excited about stepping foot back in the USA. I know I would be. This really a great country with some of the greatest people in the world.

    By Blogger Gary, at 8:35 AM  

  • That is crazy!! And your camera too???

    Can't wait to hear all about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 PM  

  • Ooh, that sucks that you got all of your stuff stolen. Did you get any pictures that you'll be able to post?

    By Blogger Pat & Reg, at 11:14 AM  

  • Sorry to hear that Venice didn't pan out as you hoped. Look on the bright side, you will be coming back home soon!

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home