Perfect Circle

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Summer summer summer time.....

I know it's been awhile since my last post, but I have good reason. We have been spending a lot of time with family since we've been back. They all want to get to know Collin and I think he's starting to get used to having so many people involved in his life. He's quite the popular little guy these days! It's so nice to be back. Everyone is finally getting to know my little boy and that is very cool.

(Collin is getting ready to mow the lawn for my mom!)

(This is my sister's little boy Teddy. He's having fun in the pool my mom set up in the back yard....man has it been hot here!)

We had a pretty good time this past holiday weekend. Dave's mom and dad came down from Denver to meet Collin for the first time. We had a great time visiting with them. They only had a few days here so we tried to spend as much time as possible together.(This is a pic of Grandma and the boys at the BBQ. They are playing on top of a tornado shelter, which should come standard with all houses in Oklahoma!)

My uncle had a BBQ on Saturday that started out pretty fun. The plan was to BBQ have a few margueritas and stay for the firework display. Tinker Airforce Base has a fireworks show every year and you can see it from their backyard which is nice. You don't have to get there early as you already have a good seat!(Grandma and Collin playing in the mud at the BBQ)

(Look at that messy butt! He sure did have fun in the Oklahoma red mud!)

(This shirt says Little Boy Big Star and it should have said Little Boy Big Mess. I like this pic though...the lighting makes him look angelic)

We brought our pack n play crib for Collin so we could just put him down so we could catch the fireworks and his schedule wouldn't be messed up. However, he wasn't having any of it. He pitched a bitch fit. I can't be too mad at him. After all he is only 20 months and he knew he wasn't where he usually sleeps. So we had to pack it up and left right before the show. Bummer.
The good news is that fireworks are legal where my mom lives (she lives outside city limits)so on the fourth we put on our own fireworks show. When Collin got tired and fussy, we just put him in his pack in play that we had set up outside. He did pretty well and watched most of the fireworks. He didn't even get that scared. I thought the noise would scare him, but I guess he's stronger than I knew.

More good news, on a different subject....Dave accepted a network support job at a bank here in town. It pays pretty good and he seems to like it, even if it's only day two! They really gave him a great welcome and I think this could be a long term position for him. I'm just so proud of him! He has been working so hard since before we left Germany to find a job that he likes and pays what he deserves to get paid. When we lived here in Oklahoma in 2003 it took him forever to even find a job in his field, but this time around there definitely are better opportunities for him. I see plenty of jobs I could apply for in the paper. I just want Dave to get settled in his job and then I'll start looking for a daycare for Collin so that I can go back to work. I don't even know how much daycare costs here in the US. I guess it all depends on if I have another little baby in the near future. If I've got two kids, it may be dumb to get a job. If I'm only earning enough money to pay for daycare then it's stupid. Oh well, we'll see what happens when we get there.

I've changed the name of my blog, but have kept the link the same for now. I'm not sure if I want to stick with the name Perfect Circle. I feel like my life has come full circle since I've returned to my mom's house. I left her house about 11years ago for college and now I'm back.
If you have any ideas...throw them my way.

It's definitely weird to return home after being on your own for so long. My mom has been living along for quite a few years now and so she is set in her ways. She is constantly cleaning up after me and it's driving me a little nuts. I understand it's her house and she just wants to keep it clean, but I'm talking about minutes after I dirty something she is behind me cleaning it up. I'm sure she means well, but it's weird. I do love the woman! She is my mom, she gave me life...but I am ready to get out of this house! :)

2 Comments:

  • I'm happy to hear Dave found a job. That's great news!

    By Blogger Grubesteak, at 10:25 PM  

  • I couldn't live for very long with my Mom. She is pretty much my best friend, but she is SOOO Type A it isn't funny. The other day, Jay and I were at her house and I was putting dishes in the dishwasher. She was going behind me rinsing them again b/c I apparently didn't get them clean to her satisfaction. Of course, this is the woman who cleans before her housekeeper comes every week. I guess if I moved back home, the housekeeper would earn that money every week! :)

    Sounds like you are settling in well. How did Collin and his cousin get along? It is cool that they are near in age. They can grow up together.

    I'm really happy to hear that Dave got a job in his field. I'm sure that is a big relief. Jay will be looking for something different when he gets his MBA finished and he is already kinda stressing about it.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home