Perfect Circle

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Update

Well, it's been a stressful couple of weeks but it looks like we are FINALLY coming home this next week. I got a call yesterday that my passport is ready which has got to be the best news I've had since this whole thing started. Well, that and the fact that my renters insurance is going to cover my stolen items! Thank goodness! If you guys are renters, you should definately have renters insurance. It's cheap and it covers your property even when you're not at home!

Since we left our house on the 8th, we've been living like vagabons (sp?). As I said in my last post we stayed in a lovey German hostel/apartment out in the country. The owners have a cafe and a cattle farm on the premisis. It was very peaceful and you could hear the crickets at night.
I'll definately post pics when I get access to my computer again. Just yesterday, we packed up again and are staying at one of Dave's co-workers home. This wonderful lady and her kids are on vacation right now, so the house would be empty if we weren't here. It's a gorgeous house (she is a captain in the Army and so is her husband so it's really nice) and again in the middle of no where. All I know is that I will be so glad when I can finally stop living out of my suitcase!

I still plan on telling the Venice story, but right now I'm focusing all my energy into getting home. Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. It's been a trying time for all of us....

3 Comments:

  • vagabonds
    :)

    By Blogger Rikki, at 7:13 AM  

  • Sounds like an exciting but stressful time. Hurry home.

    By Blogger Gary, at 7:26 AM  

  • You will always remember this time. How is your son doing with it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home