Perfect Circle

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's been a hard days night...


It's like having a newborn in the house again. Except I don't have to change diapers. But I do have to take this little guy out every couple of hours.

We picked him up last night around 7pm and spent the evening starting to get to know him. Last night was kinda rough. We go to put him in his crate at bedtime and he barks his head off. It was like an ear piercing bark, and he was howling. I'm amazed that Collin didn't wake up. We've done this before, but we can't remember what the trick is to get him to look at his crate as a cave, a place of safety and comfort. So Dave got out of bed and slept on the floor with him last night so that he would feel safe and we'd hear him when he needed to go outside to potty. I think Dave said he went out three times last night, but I know we didn't go to bed until well past midnight, so Dave didn't get much sleep. I really didn't either. I did sleep in the bed, but I was constantly waking up because I thought I heard him wimpering, or walking around the room. God I hope it goes better tonight.

Oh, by the way...we decided on a name. Maximus.

7 Comments:

  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Maximus! Freaking Russell Crowe was so good in Gladiator! *sigh*

    I love your new baby! Adorable! Good luck with the crate training. I know it's tough, but it's SO worth it!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 10:14 AM  

  • I dug out the puppy training books to refresh my memory. I think the treat idea is good. He didn't sleep in the crate last night, but he did sleep on the floor by our bed and he didn't have an accident, so we'll ease him into the crate. I start work next week. He's going to get used to it real quick! LOL.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 12:01 PM  

  • What a beautiful baby! I love the name too.

    By Blogger Pat & Reg, at 4:26 PM  

  • He is so perfect!!

    Look at that face!

    You poor things. I can't imagine hearing that sound all night. Hopefully you will get a good night's sleep tonight.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • What about the old ticking clock and stuffed dog in the crate with him to mimic his siblings and mother?

    Great name, my parents Siamese cat is named Maxwell (Max), but I call him Maximus. Of course, the name Max lends itself to other monikers of which my favorite is "Maxipad" which pisses Mom off.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 2:02 PM  

  • He is a cutie.

    Hope everything is going well in the new house.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 8:44 AM  

  • hey there

    how you doing?

    By Blogger cadbury_vw, at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home