Perfect Circle

Monday, October 16, 2006

It's party time!


This weekend my mother and I threw my sister a baby shower. If you've been keeping up you're probably wondering...didn't she already have her baby? Yes, but since they didn't want to know the sex of the baby before birth and it's her second child, we decided to have a shower/meet and greet after the baby was born. My sister liked the idea and it really turned out to be a lot of fun!


(My mom and I worked on this spread all morning, I also made that cake out of diapers so my sister could use them after the party)

( Here is the pooped out party girl, Lidia!)

As much fun as it was my mom and I were exhausted afterward. I brought Collin so he could play with my sister's son Teddy and to give Dave a break. (although it wasn't much of a break as Dave worked the whole day cleaning out the garage and workshop) It was interesting trying to keep an eye on him and get food ready and get the party games going. The kids had fun making a total mess of the house. One of the guests brought her little girl, who is about Collins age, and she was in the back playing with the boys. She came out into the living room while we were playing baby bingo and her face was dripping wet and she was coughing. I looked at her mom and I said, why is your little girl's head wet? Then we all said...Is the bathroom door open? Sure enough, either she gave herself a swirlie, or one of our boys did! LOL. Her mom was so grossed out, it was funny! What is it about kids and toilets?


(my sister playing the "Guess what's in the dirty diaper" game)

I think my sister really enjoyed the party. Even though we've always loved each other, we are just now really becoming friends. She is five years younger than me and that's a pretty huge gap when you are kids. She always looked up to me and wanted to hang out with me and I, being a typical teenager, told her to get lost. I didn't want my baby sis hanging out with me. But now that we're older and we both have children we are really starting to bond as only sisters can. I was so happy that I could be here for the birth of my niece since I missed seeing my both of my nephews being born. (I have another adorable nephew who lives in Colorado, his name is Aedan and he is my sister in law's son) I hope I'm a good aunt for all of them!

Enough with the mushy stuff...

Basically I was a cook/entertainer all weekend long. We had the shower on Saturday night, then Sunday I had my Mom and my Dad and his friend over for dinner. I grilled us some hotdogs and hamburgers and we had a wonderful time. My Dad made a delicious cherry cobbler to top the dinner off. Most importantly, Collin got to spend some quality time with his grandparents. I did eat more than I would normally this weekend. But I didn't stuff my self to where I miserable. I've been doing pretty good though now that the weekend is over.

Tomorrow we go to pick up our new little puppy, so I'll definitely post some pictures of the little guy. We thought we had decided on a name, but we keep changing our minds. My husband and I are huge Futurama fans, so we thought about naming him Bender. But we didn't think it had a good ring to it for a puppy. I'm sure we'll figure it out by tomorrow. It's going to be fun getting up every couple of hours to take the lil guy out for potty time. It's been awhile since we've had to potty train a puppy. I'm sure it'll all come back to us. After all we've had a kid...how hard could it be!

1 Comments:

  • I LOVE the name Bender for the puppy! Do it! Can't wait to see pics of him. A good friend of mine recently got a new dog. Now she has two dogs and two cats. Can you say INSANE?

    Glad your shower for your sis turned out so well! Nothing says love like a sister...and a new bambino!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home