Perfect Circle

Friday, March 31, 2006

My prediction was wrong

Work didn't forget about me...they are having my going away party combined with a group of Airman that are leaving in May. Great.

I am having a pretty shitty day. It all started last evening.
Dave calls me at work and said he had some bad news for me. He can't get his Class A's (that's his dress uniform for all you non military folk) from the dry cleaners for the ball tonight. Apparently somewhere in the last two weeks, they have changed their hours. They are now only open from 10-12 on Wednesdays. How can they just do that? So what does that mean? We're not going to the ball. Our whole fun evening of dress up and dancing is ruined. Plus we had a room rented for the evening cause this thing is an hour away and we'd be getting back to late to pick up Collin and come home. I am just so pissed right now.
Yesterday I asked Dave to call some of the other miltary cleaners to see if they had a contact number for the guy running that store and the one that he called said they don't know. So on a whim, I stopped by the cleaners that is located in the hospital and who should I see, but the owner of the shop at my husbands post. Apparently he owns or works at most of them. I told him the situation and you know what he told me? If you had only called me last night I could have gotten the uniform after I got off of work yesterday. But as it stands today, I can't leave this shop until 6pm. Too late for me to get his uniform for the ball. Oooh that irks me.
Knowing that if we only had contacted him yesterday (like I suggested) we could be dancing and have a great time at the last fancy event I probably ever get to have with my husband in the military.
This blows.

4 Comments:

  • That really sucks, don't you just want to yell a big, fat I TOLD YOU SO!!! I know Jay is going to read this, but anyway, I think that is just a guy thing.

    I would just tell him he owes you an extra special anniversary or birthday this year! :)

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 5:54 AM  

  • It's just so dissapointing. I've cooled down alittle since I've written that, but I don't think he's all that upset that we didn't get to go.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 8:51 AM  

  • Guys usually aren't. Can you still go out to a nice dinner or something like that? It is a shame to waste a babysitter b/c the plans got changed.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 11:03 AM  

  • Guys usually aren't. Can you still go out to a nice dinner or something like that? It is a shame to waste a babysitter b/c the plans got changed.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home