Perfect Circle

Monday, March 20, 2006

Still just a rat in a cage...

I went back to work last week, which is why I haven't been blogging lately. Man, after three weeks it's hard getting back in the groove of things. I went in to work all happy and refreshed and I felt like I had daggers shot at me from my co-workers eyes. The stress level is back and I could definately tell that I was missed. There were charts scattered everywhere, forms that needed to be copied, just a lot of loose ends that needed to be cleaned up. It's not rocket science, but somebody has to do it. The patient load has really picked up lately too. We're starting to have to shuffle beds around again to make room for more patients. It's starting to remind me of the battle of Fallujah. That was not a fun time. At our peak, we were seeing about 90-100 patients a month. I really hope for the patient's sake we don't have that happen again.

I didn't go to work today because Collin is sick. Back when I was single and didn't have kids, I always kinda thought that when parents called in sick for their kids, they were just slacking. But let me tell you, kids get sick a lot. Even my little boy, who is going to a nice German lady for daycare, gets sick a lot. I can only imagine if he went to a "true" daycare.
It all started yesterday. I fed him lunch at around noon and about an hour later he felt hot to me. I had Dave check his temp and he had alittle fever. Only about 100, which for a kid his age isn't too bad. He was just clingy and grumpy and generally miserable, so I went to the grocery store by myself and Dave stayed home with him. About an hour later when I returned from the store I was holding Collin when it happened. IT! The most horrible thing I've experienced as a parent so far. I was projectile VOMITED on. Collin puked all over me and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I was frozen, it was so unexpected....I couldn't even get him to the sink or toilet. I felt so bad for the little guy. But he almost felt better immediately. His temp started to go down, he started to rest. He actually slept through the night. He still had a temp this morning, so I took him to the doctor. They said it was just a stomach bug and that he should be feeling better tommorrow. Well...I hear him crying. He must have been startled awake from his nap or something cause it's only been 45 minutes.
Duty calls.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home