Perfect Circle

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Have you heard this guy?



For those of you that don't already know, I'm a huge music lover. I love music of all kinds, everything from Phantom of the Opera to Perfect Circle. I don't think I could function if I wasn't able to have music in my life. For me, music reflects my moods and I listen to whatever the mood calls for that particular day. I associate memories and people in my life just by listening to a song. That being said, I've found an artist I want to mention on my blog.

I really really like Jack Johnson. I picked up his new CD the other day and if you have kids it will soon become a staple in the car. He's got a wonderful voice and plays the acoustic guitar. All of the songs are uplifting and fun, or have a good message for all listeners. My favorite song on this CD is "With my own two hands".

With my own two hands-
I can change the world
with my own two hands
make it a better place
with my own two hands
make it a kinder place
with my own two hands

I can make peace on earth
with my own two hands
I can clean up the earth
with my own two hands
I can reach out to you
with my own two hands



That's just part of the song, but you get the jist. I just love it. I also recommend the album before this one called "In Between Dreams".



Another excellent mellow CD. I put it up there with John Mayer, Coldplay and David Gray.
What kind of music are you listening to now? What is your all time favorite CD? I'm always interested in hearing about new music, so feel free to share.

4 Comments:

  • If you like Jack Johnson already, this album will not dissapoint you! You can hear some music clips on Amazon when you pull up the CD. I could see Aedan liking it!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 2:52 PM  

  • Alanis Morrisette has always been one of my favorites.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

  • I like her, I guess I just got burned out on her in the 90's.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 1:40 PM  

  • I think this is actually Little Miss in Germany!! I had Jack Johnson on my blog right before Fuel, and I work in Pathology!! WHO ARE YOU??

    just kidding! ; )

    I totally LOVE Jack Johnson! I have his songs downloaded onto my computer, and the playlist is titled, "kitchen music." I play it when I'm cleaning, cooking, etc. (either that or Norah Jones, another all time fave!)

    By Blogger LITTLE MISS, at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home