Perfect Circle

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Off track...

This is my last week of work and I oversleep today. What a great start to my day! So I hustle around trying to get myself and Collin ready, which is always fun with a half asleep toddler. I get to work an hour late and people start asking me for information the instant I walk in the door. What patient is where, who has gone to surgery, where is so in so's chart. I missed morning report, I don't know what nurse has which patient, I feel lost, my routine is all out of wack. I never recouperated. I felt like a salmon swimming upstream. Boy was I glad to see 4:30 come along.
Tomorrow is my last full day of work. I'm working a half day on Friday because Dave and I are going to a military ball Friday night and I've got to get my hair done and Collin to the sitter. There is one thing that dissapoints me about this week. I haven't heard any plans of my farewell get together. It probably sounds narssistic, but everyone that leaves our floor (it's kinda a custom in the military when you leave) gets one. That one final hoorah. Maybe there is some plan in the works that I don't know about, but every other farewell has been planned atleast a week in advance. I've been there for two years. I'm going to make a prediction. I'm going to get a goodbye card on Friday and they'll have some dinner planned for Friday night. And I won't be there. Cause I'll be at the Regimental Ball in Heidelberg. Nice huh. Is it wrong to want a proper farewell?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home