Perfect Circle

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Route 44


If you've never been to a Sonic Drive-In you're missing a real treat. Not only is the food great (I love the footlong chili dog and cheddar bites...awh...I can practically hear my arteries clogging) but the real star of the show is their drinks. My favorite is a route 44 Diet Coke. What is so special about Diet Coke you ask? Well this monstrosity was a part of my morning routine for as long as I can remember. This thing would get me through my work day. Of course I'd have to get another one on the way home, but that is what happens when you're addicted to something! Also, they have this pellet ice that is a nice ending once you've finished the beverage. They also have the best slushies ever. I like the blue coconut flavor the best. They even mix the slushies with icecream for another awesome treat. You're probably thinking, this girl needs to get a life. This is just one thing that I'm looking forward to once we get back home. I guess there is no real point to this post other than I know the first place I'm going to hit once I get back to the United States. I've missed you route 44! sniff sniff....

6 Comments:

  • Loving the Rt. 44 Diet Coke is nothing to be ashamed of! I have to typically add a shot of vanilla to mine.

    Now I remember that you used to not only leave the sauce off the Big Macs, but also didn't like a place if they didn't have "good ice". Sonic rabbit turd ice is the best, I will have to go get a Rt. 44 today in your honor :)

    Do you have a date to be back in the states set yet?

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 8:59 AM  

  • LOL!!! I can't believe you remember that I don't like the sauce on Big Macs!!!
    I am so jealous that you get to have one and I don't. I like to add vanilla to my route 44, when I'm feelin alittle saucey!
    I have no idea yet when we are getting back. Could be as soon as June, could be as late as August. My sister is due to have her second baby in July...I really hope I can make it in time for the birth. I missed the last one! :(

    By Blogger Brandi, at 9:37 AM  

  • Yeah, I can't remember what I need to do next for work, but I can remember the important things about my friends' and their food preferences! :)

    I once thought you were picky about food, but you don't hold a candle to my friend Sam. She orders onion rings and then just eats the breading. In her justification, she says that she likes the onion flavor, but has a consistency issue with the actual onion. She picks apart almost everything she eats. I felt really proud of myself when I talked her into trying sushi!

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 3:39 PM  

  • OMG, I also pick the breading off of onion rings! Unless it's Burger King onion rings. There's not much to their onion rings. How funny!

    Yes, Arielle...my sister is having her 2nd baby this summer! Maybe it'll be on Aedan's birthday! I thought you knew. It was kinda a oops I think. But her older boy will be 2 and a half when this baby is born, so that's a nice age difference.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 3:58 PM  

  • Ohhhh yes! The Route 44! I had a diet limeade 44 the other night. It was dusk, Buddha and I had just left the park, and I had a hankering.

    The ice? Delish. I love pellet ice, although crushed is my absolute fav!

    Can't wait til you're back in the states again. If you're anywhere near VA, you can count on some veggies from my garden, sister!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 7:06 PM  

  • It must be a girl thing with the ice. Cause I don't think I've ever heard my hubby say..."oh I just love the ice at Sonic!"
    Sometimes I'll go out of my way just for a Sonic drink!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home