Perfect Circle

Friday, September 22, 2006

Lost!

Last night was a horrible evening. Dave gets home from work and he points out to me that the back yard gate is open. I'm like...what? Then he asks where are the dogs? I said "well, they were in the back yard."
It's been so nice outside lately and I was getting some cleaning done (they both shed buckets) so I put them out for the afternoon. Our backyard is fenced, so I should be able to do that without a problem. Unfortunately, it seems that one of the gate latches come undone easily. Our dogs escaped.

I can't believe this! I don't know how long they had been gone, they could be anywhere. So Dave proceeds to drive around the neighborhood looking for them, while I wait at home with Collin to see if they come back.

I'm outside with Collin when all of a sudden Quincy pops outta the bushes. I thought yes, Sarah will be right behind him. She was Quincy's sidekick and she was a scaredy cat. But she didn't come out. So now, we're just trying to find her. Dave drives and walks around the neighborhood and surrounding neighborhood with no luck. We talked to several of our neighbors (what a great way to meet new neighbors) and several of them said they saw her but didn't know who she belonged to. One said they saw a boy on a bike chasing her. (I hope he didn't hurt her, cause she'd probably bite him) One said they saw the dog pound picking them both up. (not so since we have Quincy) So I dunno. We are going to put flyers out today and we will contact the pound on Monday.

I feel so bad that they got out. I know it's not my fault, but it happened and these dogs are like family. Quincy was my Christmas present the first year Dave and I were dating. We went through a lot with him. About two years later, we got Quincy a playmate Sarah and they have been the best of buddies ever since. I think when we were very focused on taking care of Collin when he was first born, they were the only entertainment each other had. Sarah is the sweetest dog and she's a chicken and has been an indoor dog all her life. I'm just so worried about her out there. I hope she's ok, where ever she is. I'm just sick about it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home