Perfect Circle

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I've got to make a change....

This whole post is due to a celebration. My hubby and I wanted to celebrate the good news of my new job. What is the first thing you think of when you want to go celebrate something? You want to go out to a nice place for dinner. Dave and I both love spicey food, so we decided to go to On The Border restuarant.
It started out well. We got our chips and drinks and ordered our dinner. It takes alittle bit of time to get our food, but not so long that we were mad. We get it and start eating and it's good. I ordered the beef burrito. The beef is shredded, a lot like pot roast. Usually it's very good. I get about a third of the way into it when I slice a huge bloody chunk of fat that looks like a tumor. Well, needless to say I am completely disgusted. The waiter agrees to take it back and fix me another one. I can't believe I could even stomach anything after seeing something so grotesque, but I didn't want to ruin the celebration, so I ate most of the new one. (I inspected every piece before I ate it) I regretted it instantly.
I felt so fat, and sluggish and kinda outta breath. I couldn't sleep, I had bad reflux, I was miserable for most of the night. I decided right there that I need to start eating right and lose weight. I don't have any energy. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I want to be cute in clothes again. I like who I am on the inside, but I don't like the "me" that I see when I look in the mirror.
I'm not going to give myself some unrealistic goals. I'm going to start by eating the way I know that I should. I have been eating fried foods way too often lately and I notice that when I do, I feel sluggish. I'm going to stop eating real icecream right before bedtime. If I have some, it's going to be a small amount of frozen yogert, and it's not going to be at 10pm. I'm not going to drive myself crazy over this. I'm not going to jump on the scale everyday. I'm just going to eat right, get more exercise (I'm sure with this new job, the pounds will melt away) and enjoy being me.
I started eating better yesterday and I already feel better. I just have to keep this going. I have too.

5 Comments:

  • I go to bed on a full stomach too often. I think part of that is why I had so many issues last week/weekend with my tummy. I decided the other day to capitalize on my few lbs lost due to the yucky stomach and start eating better. Yesterday was a salad and 1 Ruby Mini (not the usual 3-4) and last night was sushi which is good overall. Today I've had oatmeal and a salad with Wendy's chili. I feel pretty stuffed, but not the usual greasy, bloaty feeling I would typically have with a fast food meal. Good luck!! I think the bloody, tumorous looking chunk of meat would have done me in. I have weird food issues, such as when I get a "questionable" tasting piece of chicken I can't eat chicken again for months. I got sick after eating Thai food about 8 months ago (I don't think the food did it as Jay ate the same thing) and I still can't even stand the smell of the stuff.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 4:27 PM  

  • I hate the fact that I love food so much and that everything I enjoy revolves around it.
    It's not like alcohol or drugs where you can give it up and never look back. You have to eat to live and I can't stand most healthy foods. I bought an indoor grill and I grilled chicken breasts and snap peas and cut up some romaine and carrots and we had grilled chicken and salad with that spray on dressing. It was good and filling and I didn't feel icky after eating it, so I imagine we'll be having a lot of grilled chicken and salads. Have you noticed that most healthy recipes call for the weirdest things? I swear that almost every healthy recipe has red green and yellow peppers in it and I only like peppers in my fajitas! LOL.
    Juile and Keoka...I know you understand cause you've all been there. Arielle...well, I'm just jealous! LOL.
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I'm gonna need it.

    By Blogger Brandi, at 4:58 PM  

  • You can't go wrong with chicken and salad. My Dad has lost his 40 lbs or so on that. It gets boring after a while though and you start hitting the recipes after that. I have boatloads of Weight Watcher recipes and such if you ever need any meal ideas.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 5:01 PM  

  • Oh Keoka...if only you lived closer. We could be weightwatcher workout buddies! LOL!

    By Blogger Brandi, at 5:05 PM  

  • i hear you

    i recently ate two hot ham and cheese sandwiches and turned into a slug afterward

    ----

    i just lost 60 lbs in the last year

    my other blog has some info that you may find useful

    http://cadburylookingup.blogspot.com/

    if you want to commiserate or ask any questions on what worked for me, please drop me a note

    By Blogger cadbury_vw, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home