Perfect Circle

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Welcome to the sick house

I had written a long post last night but my internet took a dump. It's been a long couple of days. Collin picked up his first daycare cold and passed on crud to us....yea! We've all been sick in one form or another all week and it came to a head on Thursday night. Collin got a fever that evening and I was up with him till around 2 am. Poor guy, he just wanted to be held. Dave ended up staying home with us Friday to help out cause I had an interview and I couldn't take Collin to daycare sick.

I had the interview with the hospital on Thursday and it went ok. I don't think it's going to be what I want to do though. The job I interviewed for was an information desk job. The thing I really liked about my job at the hospital in Germany was I was in the thick of the medical stuff. I did my clerical duties, but I got to see cases and hear about them and I learned a lot of fascinating stuff. Plus, the lady I interviewed with seemed really stuffy. I dunno, I just didn't get a good feel for it. The interview I had yesterday was at the home improvement place. I did really well and I've got a second interview for Monday. (It's been like getting at job at Ft. Knox with this place) I think I'd enjoy this job better.

Pros: I get to wear jeans, I'd get to work in the garden center area, I won't be sitting at a desk, so I'll probably lose weight, great benefits and discounts, store is close to my house.

Cons: It's retail, constantly changing schedule that includes working weekends, it's retail

Now for a moment of Zen......


My poor little sick boy catching a much needed moment of rest yesterday....


3 Comments:

  • Awww...the day care crud! I feel your pain, sister! Buddha's just getting over his latest bout. Here's to hoping everyone in your house feels better SOON!

    Keep us updated on the job front. I don't envy you there. I loathe doing the interview thing. Blech!

    And LOVED the pictures of your boys! So sweet!

    By Blogger Mouthy Girl, at 2:45 PM  

  • Maybe this will build up his immune system to fight off the crud in the future.

    Hope things go well on the job front.

    Looks like Eric is about to be a Dad, I can't wait to find out what they have!

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 12:04 PM  

  • what a wonderful set of pictures

    those kind of pics are the ones i treasure most from when y kids were little

    By Blogger cadbury_vw, at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home