Perfect Circle

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

WELCOME HOME!!!!


I feel like a giddy school girl writing this post, but I'm so damned happy to have my husband back. You just don't realize how much your life is affected by another human being until you have to live life without them. I love this man, he's my life partner and my friend and we've just been through so much together. He's missed so much and has so much to catch up on with Collin and myself. This deployment was hard for me, but I know it was a lot harder for him because he missed so much. He missed Collin's first words (he's up to momma, bye bye and in the last couple of days dada), his first steps, his first tooth, ect.


I may have had my moments, where I thought I had it rough, what with working and taking care of Collin and the house. Atleast I wasn't in the middle of a natural disaster with people dead and dying around me, without a nice bed to sleep in or a decent hot cooked meal. I'm really proud of the work that my husband and his unit did out there. They sacrificed alot to help others in a country that was devistated by an earthquake. A lot of these people still don't have a roof over their heads. I can only imagine what it must be like to be a mother in Pakistan right now, so I feel very fortunate to have a warm place to sleep at night.


I won't be updating my blog much in the next couple of weeks. Dave gets a couple of weeks of block leave so we are going to take a trip. I'm thinking we'll go to Garmish and then to and see the Neuschwanstein Castle. Germany is full of castles, but this is the most famous and I've heard the most beautiful of all the castles.


I'll let you know if we decide to make the trip. It's quite the drive from here, and it's up to Dave what he wants, or feels up to doing while he's on his leave. But I'll be sure and post pics if we go!

2 Comments:

  • Congrats on your husband making it home. Have a good time traveling!

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 6:56 AM  

  • OMG! I am giddy for you!

    I know exactly what it is like....my hubby was in the Navy.

    You guys are gorgeous! I am so happy for you!

    Hold both of them tight for as long as you can.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home