Perfect Circle

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Enjoying motherhood


I was going to write this post last night, before Collin took his tumble down the stairs, but now it's even more meaningful.
I am really enjoying being a stay a home mom. I didn't think I would, so it's really surprised me.
Collin and I have gone to the park almost everyday this week. It's been so much fun watching him explore the playground and play in the grass and dirt. They even had toddler swings so he got to swing in one for the first time and he was giggling and laughing and having a great time. I just loved seeing him so happy. I've also been reading to him more than I did when I was working. We've got this Clifford the Big Red Dog book that has buttons you can push that make sounds, he loves it. I guess I feel like I finally have the time to really be a real mom. I know it sounds sad. That I would have to "make" the time to be a mom. Like it's a burden or something. I think it's hard to give your child the time and attention they need when you work so much. When I was working full time, I only saw Collin for an hour in the morning and two hours at night. That's not enough time.
We went over to a friends house this morning so that Collin could play with my friend's son and so that we could have breakfast with them. My friend commented how much happier Collin seems to be now that I'm home with him. That made me feel like I was being a good mom to him.
I'm just really grateful to have this time to share with him. I look forward to more of our little day outings. I think we may go to the indoor swimming pool in town. I bet Collin would love it.

2 Comments:

  • I bet you are a wonderful mom.

    Right now, I would love to stay home.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

  • Hi!

    I saw your link on the Blog Oklahoma ring. Best wishes to you and your family!

    X

    http://spaces.msn.com/X-Evolutionist

    By Blogger X-Evolutionist, at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home