Perfect Circle

Saturday, April 15, 2006

View of my front porch



Here are some pics of the flowers I planted last week. This is the first day there has been enough sunlight to even take decent pictures. It was fun....gave me a chance to play with my new camera.
I just love gardening. It's amazing how relaxing it was just to plant these few pots. It feels good to get your hands dirty bringing beauty to your home. It's funny how my view of the perfect home has changed with age. I used to want to live in a loft apartment (like the one in that movie "Big" with Tom Hanks) downtown in New York or LA, somewhere hip and fun. Now I want the Martha Stewart white picket fence house. Maybe it would also have a path of flagstone leading to a secluded garden with maybe a koi pond and a bench where I can sit and read a good book or just go to relax. I have moved so many times since I left home over ten years ago. I think I'm ready to finally put down some roots.

4 Comments:

  • Your flowers are really pretty. I'm looking forward to moving to Springfield so that I have time to do some things outside. We have this huge (almost 2 acre) yard, but it is so damn big that it is difficult to make a dent in the yard work when you are only home occasionally.

    By Blogger The Big Fat Project Management Team, at 9:48 AM  

  • I love the pictures. So pretty. You did a great job on the flowers.

    It has rained here everyday for 6 weeks. This never happens in California. SO I can't even think about going outside and gardening. And if I did. I might look a little CRAZY, don't ya think?

    So until then, I will just be happy you get to!

    Happy Easter!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM  

  • Great job on the flowers. If you get back to the U.S. within the next two months, that's a perfect time for gardening. Hope you get your wish!

    By Blogger Philosophical Karen, at 8:53 AM  

  • I think all of those things sound WONDERFUL. Thanks for sharing your photos. They are beautiful.

    BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always nice to meet a fellow gardener.

    By Blogger Gary, at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home